Introduction and purpose
The below guidelines are meant to serve as a quick access to the main obligations of the Affiliate who promote one or more brands in Sweden under its agreement with Comeon Connect. These guidelines do not constitute the agreement between Comeon Connect and the Affiliate. The Terms and Conditions for the Affiliate Programme (i.e. the Agreement) shall always supersede any provision hereunder.
This guide covers the advertising rules for ALL types of advertising such as (but not limited to) Banners, Mailers, Reviews, Native ads and SMS send outs. These rules MUST be followed by all affiliates. If breached, your affiliate account might be closed and depending on the severity of the breach, pending commissions may not be paid out. Any eventual fine from the regulators due to incorrect or bad behaviour from an affiliate might be partly or fully passed on to the affiliates.
The new law follows a ban on gaming advertising for the activities that have not been licensed under the new gaming regulation system. In addition, it is stated that license holders’ responsibility to comply with Swedish marketing rights should apply regardless of whether other rules apply to the marketing in the country from which, for example, television advertising is broadcasted.
- Only SEO and PPC traffic allowed.
- No SMS, Email, Social, Native or any kind of direct marketing is allowed unless approved by a manager
- All sources and changes need to be cleared by a manager before anything goes live.
- All self-made images and banners must be approved by a manager before they can be published on your website/s and they must not include children and/or young people under the age of 25.
- CTA buttons must state “SATSA HÄR” or “SPELA HÄR”.
- Regarding claims for registration it is not acceptable to claim “No Registration”, “No Complicated Registration” or “Play Without an Account”. However, it is acceptable to express the following, “Simple Registration”, “Quick Registration” or “Registration Without Hassle”.
The following must be clearly stated on your website/s and included in emails and SMS send outs where our brands ComeOn!, Mobilautomaten, Snabbare, Hajper, Svea Casino, CherryCasino, Casinostugan.
- Please gamble responsibly! (SE: spela ansvarsfullt)
- Terms apply! (SE: Villkor och regler gäller)
- The significant bonus terms and conditions must be clearly stated.
What is moderate marketing of games is thus not determined or exemplified by the law, however, the marketing criteria have been set by the management and are listed below.
- Be objective, describe the product based on facts
- Be careful with the positively charged value words
- Make sure to market in a correct and balanced and don’t over present the chances of winning
- Do not convey the image of games as socially attractive
- Not specifically aimed at children or adolescents who have not turned 18
- Not using well-known people/ celebrities, that suggests that participation in games has contributed to its success
- Does not convey the impression that participation in gambling is a solution to economic problems
- Or can improve the player’s social position
- Does not convey the image that an offer of games is free, without cost or similar, if not
- That it claims or suggests that it is risk-free with gambling
- Does not create the impression that the chances of winning are greater than they are, ex. contains statements or suggests that the outcome of a draw in a tour game depends on or may be affected by something other than chance.
- Conditions for offers must be kept clear and easily accessible to the customer
- Alcohol and nudity should not appear in the picture for marketing purposes
- Marketing should not make the recipient feel pressured or obliged to play
Pay extra attention with marketing that does not present the chances of winning in the right way, such as: “the winnings get into your account within 5 mins” and “clear path to the gold” – such marketing will most likely not be considered moderate. Try to get the marketing to be completely fact-based, describe the game based on the game itself in an appealing way and not that playing itself is fantastic. Stay away from “faster profits” and “fastest ways of winning”.
Rules for Advertising
To determine whether a marketing measure is moderate or not, an assessment is made. Claims in themselves may conflict with the requirement of moderation and claims in an overall assessment may also conflict with the requirement, for example, the design of the text or statement, the presence of links and attached pictures. Both text and image should give a factual and balanced presentation of the marketed game or promotion if any. Marketing must not be misleading and claims in marketing must be factually correct. The decisive factor in determining whether marketing is likely to contravene the measure of moderation is thus the impression of how the advertisement conveys to the average consumer. This is also why it is difficult to say exactly what will be considered contrary to the concept.
Tip: Imagine that marketing should not give a picture of it being:
– Extremely fast and easy to play (“the profits in the bank within 5 min” / “lightning fast cash”)
– That gambling is the only big chance of winning or making it big (“the road to the millions”)
– That the customer can influence the opportunity to win (“so did AAA in the XXX game to win millions” / “The best and fastest way to get to the gold/become rich, etc.”)
– Game CTA’s such as (“Play Now!”) could be considered marketing that is not fact-based, we should, therefore, use “Play here” instead in your respective/all languages.
- All adverts shall clearly indicate that the gambling activity promoted is to be only exercised by persons who are over 18 years of age.
- All adverts shall expressly state how to make use of an offer. For the avoidance of doubt, customers shall always be provided with enough information to be able to make an informed decision prior to opting to accede to a promotion. For example, the customer must be fully made aware of all wagering requirements, limitations of bonus offer etc.
- Any misleading offers shall not be deemed to satisfy the above criterion. This includes but is not limited to incorrect information, for example, the promotion of a higher theoretical RTP than that confirmed by Comeon Connect.
- No adverts shall be targeted to or appeal in any way to people under 18 years of age,
- Any promotions including large winnings by customers playing on our casino brands shall be real ones.
- Statements which are either aimed at rushing the customer into a decision or are considered to be an aggressive promotion technique shall not be used. Such statements include but are not restricted to: “You have won x amount of bonus”, “This bonus is only available today” (if the offer is not time-barred), “Get rich today”.
Rules for any kind of send outs
- Customer’s’ subscription to receiving marketing material from the affiliate shall be on an opt-in basis, preferably double opt-in.
- Send outs shall have an “unsubscribe” link which would enable the customer to opt out of receipt of any marketing material in the future
- The text to be sent to the Customers shall always to be approved by a manager from Comeon Connect.
- All sendouts shall expressly provide that the sender is not from any of the brands related to Comeon Connect
The new regulation also aims to protect individuals with gambling problems from direct mail. Thus, it has been established that the promotion of games should not be directed directly to a player who has self-excluded himself at his own request, has been suspended from gaming by the licensee or a player who terminated his gaming account with a licensee, since the player can no longer be considered to be a customer. However, an exception should apply if the player, in connection with the termination of a game account, is actively approved to continue to receive marketing.
If you have further questions or any doubts about what you can do or not do, then please get in touch with your manager or contact us by email and we will be more than happy to guide you or answer any questions you might have.